Delivery location updated
Shorty’s Liquor is committed to providing quality products and services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you about how we manage your personal information.
- What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect includes things such as your name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, demographic information, postcode, and payment details. Depending on the situation, we may collect or hold other personal information. Click here to read our Collection Statement.
- How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We collect personal information in many ways, including when you:
- register with us (ie. when you create a customer or company account);
- place an order with us (for yourself, your business or as a gift for a third party). If you place an order as a gift, we will also collect the personal information of the gift recipient which is necessary to provide them with the gift;
- engage and communicate with us online or offline;
- complete a contact form or call to enquire, submit a complaint; and
- participate in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys, and focus groups.
We hold your personal information securely by using high industry standards. Any transfer of personal information will be through SSL encryption to ensure that your personal information and transaction payment information is kept secure.
We also collect personal information through cookies.
How does Shorty’s Liquor collect electronic information?
Like most companies, we collect electronic information about you (which may or may not be personal information) using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our websites to personalise and improve your experience.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file downloaded onto your device when you interact with any online content such as websites, social media sites and apps. The content may be our own, or may be the content of others in which we have an interest, such as our digital banner advertisements.
The information that we collect through cookies may not identify, or relate, to a particular individual. Generally, the information collected through cookies relates to a device used to access online content, such as an IP address or location data about the device (where available and not disabled by the user) and metadata (a set of data that describes and gives information about other data). Cookies may also collect information about the behaviours of the user of the device, such as the websites visited by the user and their activity on the website.
In some circumstances, the information collected through cookies may be combined with information that identifies the end-user of the relevant device. This may occur, for example, if you log into your account, or if you interact with certain content (such as a link) that we have sent to you in an email.
Why does Shorty’s Liquor allow cookies to be used?
We allow cookies to be used for three reasons:
First, we allow session cookies to be used when you visit our online content, including our websites. Session cookies enable your device to move from page to page without you having to log in repeatedly. The placement of this type of cookie generally improves your browsing experience. These cookies are removed when you close your browser and end your online session.
Secondly, we set persistent (permanent) cookies on our website(s) to remember your preferences so that we can improve your website browsing experience. We also allow trusted third-parties to set persistent cookies. Persistent cookies will be remembered when you visit the site again and are not removed when you close your browser. These cookies allow us to serve you with targeted advertising and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
Thirdly, we use other tracking technologies (such as pixels, beacons and tags) to record your behaviour and activities when you visit our website(s) for the purpose of analytics and targeted online advertising. Collecting this information enables us to:
- assess marketing activities such as what promotions to send to you, when and how
- send you tailored advertising about products and services that may interest you. You may receive tailored advertising on the websites you visit in the form of banner advertising, or on the social media platforms you use
- measure the effectiveness of promotions.
We may, for example, access information from cookies set by others such as Google, Adobe, Microsoft and social media platforms.
This information is collected directly by the providers of those features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers. Please see their privacy policies for further details, including how you can opt-out of specific offerings.
Types of cookies used by Shorty’s Liquor
We have listed the main types of cookies used by Shorty’s Liquor below.
To disable these cookies, please go to the section “What are my choices about cookies?”.
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are needed to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas, maintain your security and privacy against potential risks and fraud activities to enable us to tailor our menu to your location. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the websites to you, the websites might become inaccessible if you block those cookies.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies enhance the performance and functionality of our websites. While not essential, certain functionality like videos and product recommendations may become unavailable without them.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
What are my choices about cookies?
We value your trust and take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This document outlines the way in which we collect, hold, secure, use and share your personal information. We encourage you to read it, so that you are comfortable with what we do and can help us improve your experiences with us. You can opt-out of various types of cookies using your browser settings, or by visiting https://optout.aboutads.info/ (note that this website has its own terms of service, and by following the link provided, you agree that Shorty’s Liquor has no affiliation with this website).
- Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We use your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our goods and services to you. This includes providing the information to our third parties (including delivery partners) and for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by updating your subscription preferences/unsubscribing.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which are closely related to the primary purpose, including assisting us with your enquiries or complaints and market research purposes.
- Learn about your preferences to ensure we promote products and services that will be relevant to your interests, improving your experience
- We may periodically send promotional emails and SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe from receiving promotional and offer related communications at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. You can also contact Shorty’s Liquor CBD directly to unsubscribe, by calling or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell or supply your personal information to third parties, except in order to provide our products or services to you. An example of this is where we share your personal information with our delivery partner so that they can provide you with your products. Another example is where an information technology provider is provided with your personal information while performing maintenance on this website.
- How can you enquire, access and adjust your personal information?
If you wish to access to any of your personal information that we hold, or if you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us:
- by phone on 1300 SHORTY (746 789)
- by email via email@example.com
- by mail to the Privacy Officer at Shorty’s Liquor, 2 39 Jones Street, Ultimo NSW 2007
We may require proof of identity before providing your requested personal information.
- How can you raise any concerns or complaints in relation to our handling of your personal information?
If you wish to complain in relation to our handling or your personal information, you may contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our team members and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
- Whether you are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients (including a related body corporate), and the likely countries that information may be sent.
It is not likely that Shorty’s discloses personal information to overseas recipients.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
This policy was last updated on 25 October 2021