Surrounded by Port Phillip, Western Port and Bass Strait, Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, or simply ‘the Peninsula’ to the locals is one of Australia’s best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir producing regions. Wine production dates back to at least 1886 when a local wine was lauded with an honourable mention at the Intercontinental Exhibition in London. But it wasn’t until the early 1970s that a viticultural renaissance put the Peninsula on the world wine map for its flagship cool climate varieties, which love the region’s maritime climate and abundance of sunshine. Today more than 50 wineries do them justice along with aromatic Pinot Gris, spicy Shiraz and elegant Sparklings.
MORNINGTON, VIC POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedPhilippa Farr Gippsland Pinot Noir 2019Mornington$49.99
- Previously PurchasedYabby Lake Red Claw Chardonnay 2018Mornington$27.99
- Previously PurchasedDomesticated Duck Pinot Gris 2019Mornington$21.99
- Previously PurchasedStonier Pinot Noir 2019Mornington$29.99
- Previously PurchasedDexter Pinot Noir 2019Mornington$54.99
- Previously PurchasedKooyong Massale Pinot Noir 2019Mornington$29.99
- Previously PurchasedTen Minutes By Tractor 10X Pinot Noir 2020Mornington$36.99
- Previously PurchasedScorpo Estate Pinot Gris 2018Mornington$35.99
- Previously PurchasedKooyong Beurrot Pinot Gris 2019Mornington$27.99
- Previously PurchasedTen Minutes by Tractor 10X Chardonnay 2020Mornington$34.99
More from The Drop
02 Jun 2021
Here are five ways to flip the script and throw a work party that’s a little different.
14 May 2021
We caught up with one of Australia's premier event companies, Team Event, to chat about party planning and the future of events.
30 Mar 2021
Britt, our resident cocktail and experience queen, shakes up a recipe.