Surrounded by Port Phillip, Western Port and Bass Strait, Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, or simply ‘the Peninsula’ to the locals is one of Australia’s best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir producing regions. Wine production dates back to at least 1886 when a local wine was lauded with an honourable mention at the Intercontinental Exhibition in London. But it wasn’t until the early 1970s that a viticultural renaissance put the Peninsula on the world wine map for its flagship cool climate varieties, which love the region’s maritime climate and abundance of sunshine. Today more than 50 wineries do them justice along with aromatic Pinot Gris, spicy Shiraz and elegant Sparklings.
MORNINGTON, VIC POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedTen Minutes by Tractor Estate Pinot Noir 2018Mornington$44.99
- Previously PurchasedPhilippa Farr Gippsland Pinot Noir 2019Mornington$49.99
- Previously PurchasedYabby Lake Red Claw Chardonnay 2019Mornington$27.99
- Previously PurchasedStonier Pinot Noir 2019 2020Mornington$29.99
- Previously PurchasedDexter Pinot Noir 2019Mornington$54.99
- Previously PurchasedKooyong Massale Pinot Noir 2021Mornington$29.99
- Previously PurchasedTen Minutes By Tractor 10X Pinot Noir 2020Mornington$36.99
- Previously PurchasedTen Minutes by Tractor 10X Pinot Gris 2021Mornington$34.99
- Previously PurchasedScorpo Estate Pinot Gris 2018Mornington$35.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedKooyong Beurrot Pinot Gris 2019Mornington$32.99
- Previously PurchasedT'Gallant Juliet Pinot Grigio 2020Mornington$14.99
More from The Drop
19 Sep 2021
We sat down with Ben Holdstock from Heaps Normal, the crew making big hangover-free waves, to chat about brewing great booze-free beer.
There's that famous old French saying in Burgundy, about the good warm vintages, that you would have to be dead not to make good wine. And in the easy years, that's what happens - everyone makes good wine and everyone's picking around the same time. But it's the difficult years – and in the Valley here, we still get three or four difficult years in every ten – they're the years where you make the statement on your skills and your expertise.
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?