Nestled between the Mount Lofty Ranges and white sandy beaches is one of South Australia's oldest and most picturesque regions, widely recognised for its commitment water use efficiency and environmental sustainability. Shiraz is McLaren Vale’s most important variety with a diversity of styles produced. Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay also show region’s distinction for wines of ripeness, elegance, structure, power and complexity, whilst the region’s Mediterranean climate has welcomed varieties like Viognier, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Mourvèdre, Savagnin, Marsanne, Roussanne, Barbera and Fiano. John Reynell and Thomas Hardy first planted grapevines in the region in 1838 and the fruits of vines that are more than 100-years-old still flourish today.
MCLAREN VALE POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedRichard Hamilton Hut Block Cabernet Sauvignon 2017McLaren Vale$24.99
- Previously PurchasedMollydooker The Boxer Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedJericho S3 Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$26.99
- Previously PurchasedSpring Seed Gypsy Blanc De Blanc NVMcLaren Vale$19.99
- Previously PurchasedGeddes Seldom In Grenache 2018McLaren Vale$26.99
- Previously PurchasedKay Brothers Grenache 2018McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedAphelion Confluence Grenache 2019McLaren Vale$36.99
- Previously PurchasedS.C. Pannell Montepulciano 2018McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill Bush Vine Grenache 2019McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedMr Riggs J.F.R. Mclaren Vale Flagship Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$49.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Chosen Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$19.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill McLaren Vale Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill MClaren Vale Vermentino 2019McLaren Vale$19.99
- Previously PurchasedThe Kings' Creed McLaren Vale Shiraz 2017McLaren Vale$24.99
- Previously PurchasedPonting 'The Pinnacle' McLaren Vale Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$24.99
- Previously Purchasedd'Arenberg High Trellis Cabernet Sauvignon 2017McLaren Vale$21.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Parson Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$19.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Vicar Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$66.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Parson Cabernet Sauvignon 2018McLaren Vale$17.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Parson Chardonnay 2020McLaren Vale$18.99
More from The Drop
30 Mar 2021
Britt, our resident cocktail and experience queen, shakes up a recipe.
25 Mar 2021
The biodynamic Chateau La Coste is the most exciting and progressive wine estate in Provence. Combining wine, food, art, architecture and hospitality, the property is a paradise for wine and art lovers from all-walks-if-life.
25 Mar 2021
A visit to the pretty village of Hautvilliers, where Dom Perignon is buried, is a romantic introduction to Champagne. The village, nestled on the edge of a forest, looks down on the various plots of vineyards towards the River Marne.