Nestled between the Mount Lofty Ranges and white sandy beaches is one of South Australia's oldest and most picturesque regions, widely recognised for its commitment water use efficiency and environmental sustainability. Shiraz is McLaren Vale’s most important variety with a diversity of styles produced. Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay also show region’s distinction for wines of ripeness, elegance, structure, power and complexity, whilst the region’s Mediterranean climate has welcomed varieties like Viognier, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Mourvèdre, Savagnin, Marsanne, Roussanne, Barbera and Fiano. John Reynell and Thomas Hardy first planted grapevines in the region in 1838 and the fruits of vines that are more than 100-years-old still flourish today.
MCLAREN VALE POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedPonting 366 Shiraz Cabernet 2017McLaren Vale$124.99
- Previously PurchasedThe McLaren Vale Distillery MR RIGGS MVD Single Malt Whisky 53% alc -700mlMcLaren Vale$149.99
- Previously PurchasedSamuel's Gorge Grenache 2018McLaren Vale$44.99
- Previously PurchasedMollydooker The Boxer Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedJericho S3 Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$26.99
- Previously PurchasedSpring Seed Gypsy Blanc De Blanc NVMcLaren Vale$19.99
- Previously PurchasedGeddes Seldom In Grenache 2018McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedKay Brothers Grenache 2018McLaren Vale$34.99
- Previously PurchasedAphelion Confluence Grenache 2019McLaren Vale$39.99
- Previously PurchasedS.C. Pannell Montepulciano 2019McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill Bush Vine Grenache 2019McLaren Vale$29.99
- Previously PurchasedMr Riggs J.F.R. Mclaren Vale Flagship Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$49.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Chosen Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$19.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill McLaren Vale Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$29.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill McLaren Vale Vermentino 2019McLaren Vale$19.99
- Previously PurchasedThe Kings' Creed McLaren Vale Shiraz 2017McLaren Vale$24.99
- Previously PurchasedPonting 'The Pinnacle' McLaren Vale Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$24.99
- Previously Purchasedd'Arenberg High Trellis Cabernet Sauvignon 2017McLaren Vale$21.99
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Parson Shiraz 2019McLaren Vale$19.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedChapel Hill The Vicar Shiraz 2018McLaren Vale$66.99
More from The Drop
19 Sep 2021
We sat down with Ben Holdstock from Heaps Normal, the crew making big hangover-free waves, to chat about brewing great booze-free beer.
There's that famous old French saying in Burgundy, about the good warm vintages, that you would have to be dead not to make good wine. And in the easy years, that's what happens - everyone makes good wine and everyone's picking around the same time. But it's the difficult years – and in the Valley here, we still get three or four difficult years in every ten – they're the years where you make the statement on your skills and your expertise.
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?