MARGARET RIVER, WA
Currently home to around 155 wineries crafting wines of great intensity, length and character, Margaret River viticulture was established by the 1970s by two scientists who identified it as a potentially great grape growing region. It may be young when it comes to winemaking, but the terroir between the rolling hills of the Leeuwin-Naturaliste Ridge and the Indian Ocean is responsible for powerful yet elegant Cabernet Sauvignon, exceptional Chardonnays; and Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc, which when blended enjoy the popular moniker, the Margaret River Classic Dry White. Preservative free wine and organic and biodynamic farming practices and winemaking are also making a statement here, emulating the region’s pristine beauty and coastline.
MARGARET RIVER, WA POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedFraser Gallop Estate PARTERRE Cabernet Sauvignon 2017Margaret River$44.99
- Previously PurchasedLS Merchants Rose 2019Margaret River$19.99
- Previously PurchasedOnce & Well Freya Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2020Margaret River$22.99
- 99 PointsPreviously PurchasedMoss Wood Wilyabrup Cabernet Sauvignon 2018Margaret River$124.99
- BiodynamicPreviously PurchasedCullen Mangan East block Red Blend 2019Margaret River$42.99
- Previously PurchasedCape Mentelle Brooks Vineyard Chardonnay 2019Margaret River$24.99
- Previously PurchasedPedestal Elevation Cabernet /Malbec 2017Margaret River$49.99
- 99 PointsPreviously PurchasedLeeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay 2018Margaret River$119.99
- Previously PurchasedVasse Felix Filius Cabernet Sauvignon 2019Margaret River$26.99
- Previously PurchasedVoyager Estate Chenin Blanc 2018Margaret River$18.99
- Previously PurchasedCape Mentelle Trinders Shiraz Cabernet 2018Margaret River$26.99
- Previously PurchasedMargaret River Chardonnay 6 PackMargaret River$384.99
- Previously PurchasedGrace Farm Cane Cut Late Harv Semillon 500ml 2018Margaret River$32.99
- Previously PurchasedOnce & Well Freya Margaret River Chardonnay 2019Margaret River$22.99
- Previously PurchasedVoyager Estate 'Girt by Sea' Chardonnay 2019Margaret River$27.99
- Previously PurchasedDevil's Lair Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2018Margaret River$39.99
- Previously PurchasedCape Mentelle Shiraz 2017Margaret River$42.99
- Previously PurchasedLeeuwin Estate Art Series Shiraz 2018Margaret River$39.99
- Previously PurchasedPierro LTC Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2020Margaret River$32.99
- Previously PurchasedCullen Mangan Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2020Margaret River$29.99
More from The Drop
There's that famous old French saying in Burgundy, about the good warm vintages, that you would have to be dead not to make good wine. And in the easy years, that's what happens - everyone makes good wine and everyone's picking around the same time. But it's the difficult years – and in the Valley here, we still get three or four difficult years in every ten – they're the years where you make the statement on your skills and your expertise.
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?
08 Jul 2021
There’s nothing more special than opening a bottle of wine that you’ve cellared for years at just the right moment. But which wines do you cellar? And for how long? It’s as much art as science. And in the end, it’s the challenge that makes it so rewarding.