KING VALLEY, VIC
Mediterranean varietals headline the beautiful King Valley’s contribution to the Australian wine industry. Prosecco, Arneis, Nebbiolo, Pinot Grigio, Sangiovese, Barbera, Dolcetto and Tempranillo all flourish in this, the highest wine region in Australia, located in Victoria’s high country. Cool, crisp white wines; savoury, spicy reds; and the Italian spirit are the hallmark of the King Valley. The most famous winery has been run by the Brown family at Milawa since 1889 and there are now more than 70 families in the King Valley tending to over 1,800 hectares of vineyards. The valley’s higher altitude climate is ideal for the production of fine sparkling wines as well as traditional-style Muscats and Ports.
KING VALLEY, VIC POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedWordsmith Best of Roses Prosecco NVKing Valley$16.99
- Previously PurchasedPizzini Sangiovese Shiraz 2018King Valley$18.99
- Previously PurchasedBrown Brothers Prosecco NVKing Valley$15.99
- Previously PurchasedBrown Brothers Moscato Rosa Sparkling 2019King Valley$15.99
- Previously PurchasedBrown Brothers Moscato 2020King Valley$14.99
More from The Drop
02 Jun 2021
Here are five ways to flip the script and throw a work party that’s a little different.
14 May 2021
We caught up with one of Australia's premier event companies, Team Event, to chat about party planning and the future of events.
30 Mar 2021
Britt, our resident cocktail and experience queen, shakes up a recipe.