HUNTER VALLEY, NSW
Australia’s oldest wine region boasts vines first planted in the 1820s and presided over by generations of famous wine names like McWilliam, Tyrrell and Wyndham. Australian wine pioneers like Maurice O’Shea, Audrey Wilkinson and Len Evans put the Hunter on the global wine map as did Sydney wine merchant Leo Buring who marketed the first commercially successful Hunter Valley Semillon under the label ‘Rhine Gold’ in the 1960s and Murray Tyrrell whose first commercial bottling of Chardonnay signalled the beginning of the Australian Chardonnay craze. The region hangs its hat on its iconic and world-famous Semillon style and is also famous for producing light and elegant styles from a wide variety of grapes including Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Verdelho.
HUNTER VALLEY, NSW POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedMargan White Label Fordwich Semillon 2018Hunter Valley$29.99
- 97 PointsPreviously PurchasedMargan Aged Shiraz 2014Hunter Valley$69.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedMargan Aged Release Semillon 2015Hunter Valley$49.99
- Previously PurchasedLake's Folly Cabernets 2018Hunter Valley$99.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedTyrrell's Pokolbin Hunter Valley Semillon 2016Hunter Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedScarborough Offshoot Tempranillo Rose 2020Hunter Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedBrokenwood Cricket Pitch White Blend 2020Hunter Valley$18.99
- Previously PurchasedBrokenwood Chardonnay 2020Hunter Valley$25.99
- Previously PurchasedTulloch Verdelho 2020Hunter Valley$14.99
- Previously PurchasedTyrrell's Hunter Valley Shiraz 2019Hunter Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedBen's Run Vineyard Shiraz 2016Hunter Valley$19.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedTyrrell's Hunter Valley Semillon 2020Hunter Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedMount Pleasant Lovedale Museum Semillon 2013Hunter Valley$68.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedDavid Hook Pinot Grigio 2020Hunter Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedScarborough Yellow Label Chardonnay 2017 1.5L MagHunter Valley$69.99
- Previously PurchasedTyrrell's Hunter Valley Chardonnay 2019Hunter Valley$19.99
More from The Drop
19 Sep 2021
We sat down with Ben Holdstock from Heaps Normal, the crew making big hangover-free waves, to chat about brewing great booze-free beer.
There's that famous old French saying in Burgundy, about the good warm vintages, that you would have to be dead not to make good wine. And in the easy years, that's what happens - everyone makes good wine and everyone's picking around the same time. But it's the difficult years – and in the Valley here, we still get three or four difficult years in every ten – they're the years where you make the statement on your skills and your expertise.
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?