EDEN VALLEY, SA
Located just east of the Barossa Valley, the Eden Valley competes with the nearby Clare Valley as Australia’s premium home of Riesling. A cool climate, ancient soils and later ripening fruit ensure distinctive wines can be handcrafted. They display wonderful aromatics, elegance, complexity and finesse characterised by slightly lower alcohol and more floral characters whilst young, and showcase richer toasty characters with age. Also home to such renowned Shiraz vineyards as Henschke's Hill of Grace, the Eden Valley is also famed for its Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. Viticulture commenced in the valley in 1842 and the region is currently home to more than 20 wineries, some with century-old vineyards producing truly exceptional vintages.
EDEN VALLEY, SA POPULAR WINES
- 97 PointsPreviously PurchasedHenschke Mount Edelstone Shiraz 2016 Gift BoxedEden Valley$219.99
- Previously PurchasedMax & Me Mirooloo Road Riesling 2020Eden Valley$29.99
- Previously PurchasedBrothers at War Single V'yard Eden Valley Syrah'17Eden Valley$79.99
- Previously PurchasedAvon Brae Riesling 2017Eden Valley$14.99
- Previously PurchasedHutton Vale Farm Eden Valley Shiraz 2016Eden Valley$69.99
- Previously PurchasedEperosa Elevation Eden Valley Shiraz 2017Eden Valley$49.99
- 98 PointsPreviously PurchasedHenschke Mount Edelstone Shiraz 2015 Gift BoxedEden Valley$219.99
- Previously PurchasedHenschke The Wheelwright Eden Valley Shiraz 2016Eden Valley$139.99
- Previously PurchasedHewitson Gun Metal EV 1.5lt MAGNUM Riesling 2018Eden Valley$39.99
- Previously PurchasedHewitson Gun Metal Eden Valley Riesling 2019/20Eden Valley$21.99
More from The Drop
02 Jun 2021
Here are five ways to flip the script and throw a work party that’s a little different.
14 May 2021
We caught up with one of Australia's premier event companies, Team Event, to chat about party planning and the future of events.
30 Mar 2021
Britt, our resident cocktail and experience queen, shakes up a recipe.