CLARE VALLEY, SA
Just a two-hour drive from Adelaide is the Clare Valley, considered one of the most picturesque wine regions in South Australia. The Clare is the cooler northern extension of the Barossa and enjoys the Barossa’s German influence but stands alone in its commitment to quality premium dry ‘Rhine’ Rieslings, which show strong lime and citrus flavours and their ageing potential is legendary. First settled in the late 1830s by John Horrock, Clare Valley vineyards were originally planted and wines produced in the early 1840s. Today the Clare is home to about 50 wineries, also responsible for some spectacular Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. The small sub region of Watervale is recognised for producing some of the finest Rieslings in the country and arguably in the world, whilst Polish Hill River is also renowned for its super premium wines.
CLARE VALLEY POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedMockingbird Hill Slate Lane Clare Valley Riesling 2020Clare Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedSeppeltsfield Watervale Riesling 1.5L Magnum 2021Clare Valley$79.99
- Previously PurchasedSeppeltsfield Village Watervale Riesling 2021Clare Valley$29.99
- Previously PurchasedTaylors 'Taylor Made' Clare Valley Malbec 2019Clare Valley$29.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedSeppeltsfield Watervale Riesling 1.5L Magnum 2020Clare Valley$79.99
- Previously PurchasedWoodvale Shiraz 2017Clare Valley$24.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedKnappstein Hand Picked Riesling 2019Clare Valley$18.99Out of stock
- Previously PurchasedClare Valley Riesling TripleClare Valley$79.99
- Previously PurchasedVickery Watervale Riesling 2021Clare Valley$21.99
- Previously PurchasedKoerner Brothers Clare Valley Riesling 2018Clare Valley$26.99
- Previously PurchasedShut The Gate For Love Watervale Riesling 2020Clare Valley$26.99
- Previously PurchasedDead Man Walking Clare Valley Riesling 2020Clare Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedKing Of Clare Riesling 2020Clare Valley$16.99
- Previously PurchasedTaylors Winemaker's Project Riesling 2015Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedTim Adams Riesling 2021Clare Valley$20.99
- Previously PurchasedLeo Buring Clare Valley Dry Riesling 2021Clare Valley$15.99
- Previously PurchasedPetaluma Hanlin Hill Riesling 2019Clare Valley$29.99
- Previously PurchasedTim Adams Pinot Gris 2021Clare Valley$20.99Out of stock
More from The Drop
19 Sep 2021
We sat down with Ben Holdstock from Heaps Normal, the crew making big hangover-free waves, to chat about brewing great booze-free beer.
There's that famous old French saying in Burgundy, about the good warm vintages, that you would have to be dead not to make good wine. And in the easy years, that's what happens - everyone makes good wine and everyone's picking around the same time. But it's the difficult years – and in the Valley here, we still get three or four difficult years in every ten – they're the years where you make the statement on your skills and your expertise.
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?