CLARE VALLEY, SA
Just a two-hour drive from Adelaide is the Clare Valley, considered one of the most picturesque wine regions in South Australia. The Clare is the cooler northern extension of the Barossa and enjoys the Barossa’s German influence but stands alone in its commitment to quality premium dry ‘Rhine’ Rieslings, which show strong lime and citrus flavours and their ageing potential is legendary. First settled in the late 1830s by John Horrock, Clare Valley vineyards were originally planted and wines produced in the early 1840s. Today the Clare is home to about 50 wineries, also responsible for some spectacular Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. The small sub region of Watervale is recognised for producing some of the finest Rieslings in the country and arguably in the world, whilst Polish Hill River is also renowned for its super premium wines.
CLARE VALLEY POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedWoodvale Shiraz 2017Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedHutt River Malbec 2017Clare Valley$14.99
- Previously PurchasedGrosset Springvale Magnum 1.5lt Riesling 2018Clare Valley$109.99
- Previously PurchasedJim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2020Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedKnappstein Hand Picked Riesling 2019Clare Valley$18.99
- Previously PurchasedClare Valley Riesling TripleClare ValleySpecial Price $69.99 Regular Price $79.99
- Previously PurchasedVickery Watervale Riesling 2020Clare Valley$21.99
- Previously PurchasedKoerner Brothers Clare Valley Riesling 2018Clare Valley$26.99
- Previously PurchasedShut The Gate For Love Watervale Riesling 2020Clare Valley$26.99
- Highly RecommendedPreviously PurchasedGrosset Polish Hill Riesling 2020Clare Valley$64.99
- Previously PurchasedDead Man Walking Clare Valley Riesling 2019Clare Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedKing Of Clare Riesling 2019Clare Valley$16.99
- Previously PurchasedJim Barry Assyrtiko 2019Clare Valley$32.99
- Previously PurchasedTaylors Winemaker's Project Riesling 2015Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedTim Adams Riesling 2020Clare Valley$20.99
- Previously PurchasedLeo Buring Clare Valley Dry Riesling 2020Clare Valley$15.99
- Previously PurchasedPetaluma Hanlin Hill Riesling 2019Clare Valley$29.99
- Previously PurchasedTim Adams Pinot Gris 2020Clare Valley$20.99
- Previously PurchasedTaylors St Andrews Cabernet Sauvignon 2016Clare Valley$69.99
More from The Drop
30 Mar 2021
Britt, our resident cocktail and experience queen, shakes up a recipe.
25 Mar 2021
The biodynamic Chateau La Coste is the most exciting and progressive wine estate in Provence. Combining wine, food, art, architecture and hospitality, the property is a paradise for wine and art lovers from all-walks-if-life.
25 Mar 2021
A visit to the pretty village of Hautvilliers, where Dom Perignon is buried, is a romantic introduction to Champagne. The village, nestled on the edge of a forest, looks down on the various plots of vineyards towards the River Marne.