CLARE VALLEY, SA
Just a two-hour drive from Adelaide is the Clare Valley, considered one of the most picturesque wine regions in South Australia. The Clare is the cooler northern extension of the Barossa and enjoys the Barossa’s German influence but stands alone in its commitment to quality premium dry ‘Rhine’ Rieslings, which show strong lime and citrus flavours and their ageing potential is legendary. First settled in the late 1830s by John Horrock, Clare Valley vineyards were originally planted and wines produced in the early 1840s. Today the Clare is home to about 50 wineries, also responsible for some spectacular Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. The small sub region of Watervale is recognised for producing some of the finest Rieslings in the country and arguably in the world, whilst Polish Hill River is also renowned for its super premium wines.
CLARE VALLEY POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedTaylors 'Taylor Made' Clare Valley Malbec 2019Clare Valley$29.99
- Previously PurchasedSeppeltsfield Watervale Riesling 1.5L Magnum 2020Clare Valley$79.99
- Previously PurchasedWoodvale Shiraz 2017Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedJim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2021Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedClare Valley Riesling TripleClare Valley$79.99
- Previously PurchasedVickery Watervale Riesling 2020Clare Valley$21.99
- Previously PurchasedKoerner Brothers Clare Valley Riesling 2018Clare Valley$26.99
- Previously PurchasedShut The Gate For Love Watervale Riesling 2020Clare Valley$26.99
- Previously PurchasedDead Man Walking Clare Valley Riesling 2020Clare Valley$19.99
- Previously PurchasedKing Of Clare Riesling 2020Clare Valley$16.99
- Previously PurchasedTaylors Winemaker's Project Riesling 2015Clare Valley$24.99
- Previously PurchasedTim Adams Riesling 2019Clare Valley$20.99
- Previously PurchasedLeo Buring Clare Valley Dry Riesling 2020Clare Valley$15.99
- Previously PurchasedPetaluma Hanlin Hill Riesling 2020Clare Valley$29.99
- Previously PurchasedTim Adams Pinot Gris 2021Clare Valley$20.99
More from The Drop
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?
08 Jul 2021
There’s nothing more special than opening a bottle of wine that you’ve cellared for years at just the right moment. But which wines do you cellar? And for how long? It’s as much art as science. And in the end, it’s the challenge that makes it so rewarding.
02 Jun 2021
Here are five ways to flip the script and throw a work party that’s a little different.