The most glamourous region of them all, Champagne, located about 160 kilometres from Paris, is famous for Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier, which elegantly combine to form the iconic drink that bears its name. Champagne developed a reputation for quality wine in the early Middle Ages and when producers discovered the secret to their unique style of Sparkling wine, great Champagne houses were borne in the 17th and 18th centuries and were identified by the Jazz Age, where Champagne was the symbol of the era. The region’s climate is such that grapes struggle to ripen and the base wines that are produced are extremely thin and acidic but the method of production is key to its success.
CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE POPULAR WINES
- Previously PurchasedMoët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2013 Gift BoxedChampagne$94.99
- Previously PurchasedG.H.Mumm Cordon Rouge NV Gift BoxedChampagne$54.99
- Previously PurchasedRuinart R de Ruinart Brut NV Gift BoxedChampagne$129.99
- Previously PurchasedBollinger Special Cuvee NV 007 Gift BoxedChampagne$79.99
- Previously PurchasedMoet & Chandon Rose Mini 200ml bottleChampagne$28.99
- Previously PurchasedPol Roger Vintage Brut Rose 2009Champagne$179.99
- Previously PurchasedVeuve Clicquot Extra Brut Extra Old Gift BoxedChampagne$199.99
- Previously PurchasedMoët & Chandon Brut Impérial NV 1.5L Mag Non GBChampagne$179.99
- Previously PurchasedHeidsieck & Co Monopole Blue Top Brut NVChampagne$44.99
- Previously PurchasedMoët & Chandon Grand Vintage ROSE 2012 Gift BoxedChampagne$119.99
- Previously PurchasedLanson Brut NV 750ml in Wimbledon Tennis JacketChampagne$52.99
- Previously PurchasedBillecart-Salmon NV Brut Rose 375ml half bottleChampagne$84.99
- Previously PurchasedBollinger PN VZ16 Blanc de Noir NV Gift BoxedChampagne$199.99
- Previously PurchasedBollinger Special Cuvee NV Gift BoxedChampagne$79.99
- Previously PurchasedMoët & Chandon Brut Impérial NV 1.5L – Merry ChristmasChampagne$169.99
- Previously PurchasedDom Pérignon 2010 Gift BoxedChampagne$299.99
- Previously PurchasedPiper-Heidsieck Millesime Rare 2006Champagne$299.99
- Previously PurchasedLanson Black Label Champagne Mini 200mlChampagne$19.99
- Previously PurchasedLanson Black Label Champagne Brut NV Gift BoxedChampagne$57.99
- Previously PurchasedLouis Roederer Brut Nature Deluxe 2012Champagne$154.00
More from The Drop
There's that famous old French saying in Burgundy, about the good warm vintages, that you would have to be dead not to make good wine. And in the easy years, that's what happens - everyone makes good wine and everyone's picking around the same time. But it's the difficult years – and in the Valley here, we still get three or four difficult years in every ten – they're the years where you make the statement on your skills and your expertise.
22 Jul 2021
Despite the influence of both a pandemic and the much-maligned price of avocado toast (which many say is a hindrance to a home loan), the property market is still booming – even behind closed doors. So, how can you celebrate a sale or thank a vendor who is moving during lockdown?
08 Jul 2021
There’s nothing more special than opening a bottle of wine that you’ve cellared for years at just the right moment. But which wines do you cellar? And for how long? It’s as much art as science. And in the end, it’s the challenge that makes it so rewarding.